Linear Difficulty Increase [Datapack] Mod
Linear Difficulty V1.0
For Minecraft 1.14.4!
The Linear Difficulty Increase Data Pack increases the difficulty of mobs that spawn into your Minecraft world over time. This is achieved by multiplying mob health by a variable derived by dividing playtime by the rate of increase.
So, what can this pack do?
This datapack was programmed to be extremely modular. The settings of the pack are far more extensive than anything we have ever done before. As the user, you can use our visual chat menu to set the rate of increase, max multiplier, and current multiplier.
- Rate of Increase: This is the number of minutes it takes for the multiplier value to increase by 0.1. We suggest making this a fairly large number because it being too small makes the difficulty increase too quickly.
- Max Value: The Max Value sets a cap at how large the multiplier is allowed to get. When the multiplier reaches this max, it will stop increasing.
- Current Multiplier: The current multiplier is used to determine mob health by simply multiplying mob health by the multiplier. A creeper with 20 health at a multiplier of 4.0 would have 80 health.
- Time Until Max: This value shows up on in the settings and is a calculation of how many minutes it will take to reach the max value from the current multiplier with the current settings. It can be used as a good indicator of your settings being good or too fast.
- Compatibility: Linear Difficulty Increase was coded with compatibility in mind. It should work with most datapacks. The pack was also coded with servers in mind, and will not increase the difficulty if no player in online or if all players are AFK.
Fully Multiplayer compatible!
Follow the procedures described below to install this mod into your game
To install, follow the instructions contained in the “instructions.txt” file included in the download. If you are still having issues installing or want help knowing how to do something with the pack, ask for help on our discord.
Please sign in or create an account to participate in this conversation.